All relationships and friendships go through difficult times and experiencing occasional problems and conflict in personal relationships is normal. However, sometimes these problems can become overwhelming.
When friendships don’t go smoothly it can be a really stressful time.
Some common friendship concerns for teenagers:
- Changes in friendships or a friend’s behaviour
- Moving away from old friends and having to meet new ones
- Growing apart from friends and developing different interests
- New people joining friendship groups and changing the dynamic
- Getting dumped by friends and not knowing why